Sharp's new Plasmacluster® Air Purifiers with humidifying function offer a unique combination of air treatment technologies to make you and your family more comfortable, whatever the season. Bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust and odors can make breathing harder, especially for asthma and allergy sufferers. Sharp's KC-860UW Plasmacluster air purifier helps remove these irritants with an ultra quiet fan that draws air through a 3-stage filter system. This filter system plus the revolutionary Plasmacluster Ion Technology for air purifiers makes the air healthier and cleaner smelling. For an even more comfortable environment, sensors constantly monitor the air quality in your room, adjusting the fan for air purity while providing the optimum humidity level. This combination of features is a smart way to choose cleaner, healthier, more breathable air.
- Humidification Function - adds humidity to the air for improved air quality and maximum comfort, especially in colder weather. It also helps reduce static electricity that results from dry air.
- Front Display - shows Plasmacluster operation, dust monitor, humidity level, and indicator light to determine when the water tank needs to be refilled.
- True HEPA Filter - captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns that pass through it, including pollen, mold, pet dander and dust. The special Antimicrobial Layer provides extra protection against viruses.
- Plasmacluster Technology - splits water molecules into positively and negatively charged ions, which spread throughout the room, surrounding airborne particles. This system effectively restores the natural balance of ions in the air, like near a waterfall or just after a thunderstorm. This restored balance helps refresh the air and leaves it cleaner smelling.
- Easy Operation - with "Instant On" buttons for Clean Air, Clean Air & Humidify and Quick Clean mode.
- Clean Sign Indictor - shows the level of impurities in the air so it's easy to see the progress as it returns healthier, cleaner air into the room.
- Manual Operation - lets the user choose among 3 fan speeds, plus Pollen and Quick Clean modes.
- Automatic Operation - uses the sensor to automatically adjust fan speed for the degree of cleaning required.
- Plasmacluster Ion Mode - can be switched between Clean Mode / Ion Control Mode and Auto mode automatically. Maintains the natural ion balance in the room.
- Library Quiet™ - operation is ideal for bedrooms and living rooms. Silent Mode is as quiet as 28 decibels with humidier on, about the volume of rustling leaves. This is one of the quietest Air Purifiers with a HEPA filter available anywhere.
- Energy Efficient - operation means it's easy on your wallet. With its advanced technologies, it is 35% more energy efficient than standard models, making it ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Ultra Long Life HEPA Filters - require changing only once every 5 years so operating costs are low.